The Lapham Company has been in business serving the real estate investment and management needs of our clients in the Northern California Area since 1911. We custom tailor management programs to suit the needs of each individual property and its owner. The following services are part of our management package:
We manage Commercial Properties and Single Family Homes, but the vast majority of our management portfolio—over 95%—is dedicated to Multi Family Homes. Our management portfolio includes properties owned by individual investors, families, and in a few cases, the third generation of families that we have represented.
- Rent Collection: Our rental collection program is set up to insure that all rent payments are made on time. We aggressively pursue delinquent accounts to minimize possible losses.
- Filling Vacancies: Our goal is a quick and efficient turn over. We arrange for and supervise the entire process to ready the unit for rent. We market the property in all ways and thoroughly screen all applicants. Our screening includes running a credit check, eviction report, employment verification, and rental history verification. Our leasing department has leased thousands properties, including apartments, condos, lofts and single family homes just in the past decade. Regardless of size or location, our goal is to find you the most qualified tenant in the shortest possible time.
- Inspection: All properties are inspected annually. Problems are corrected at an early stage, thus reducing costs and expenses. We also provide opportunity online for residents maintenance request. Our Move-In, Pre-Move-Out and Move-Out inspections also help keep the owner's operating costs down.
- Marketing and Rent Review: We evaluate weekly the market, rent rates and current incentives to stay on top of competition for our clients. Because of our daily involvement in the rental market, we keep a constant watch on the economic rents in our area. We periodically review and make recommendations regarding the actual rents of the units we manage and stay competitive in the ones we are renting.
- Maintenance & Repairs: Our firm has a complete staff of tradesmen on-call, to handle any problem at any time of the day or night that may arise. We use preventive maintenance to avoid costly future problems, and assist owners with bids for major repairs. Over the years, we have developed our operating systems and protocols to most efficiently and cost-effectively operate the properties for which we are responsible.
- Accounting: All financial transactions are processed through one of our state regulated, trustee accounts. We provide monthly statements and disbursements as well as annual reports. We can also pay property taxes, mortgage payments, insurance premiums, and other expenses from collected rents.
- On-Site Personnel: Our staff includes Field Inspectors, and dozens of resident managers. We provide the hiring and training of on-site managers and other necessary personnel and take care of all payroll services. We require and provide excellent training to our management personnel and all employees are thoroughly screened as to experience, character and management ability. Through our continuous supervision and training and on site care, maintenance and management costs are reduced, thereby improving the profitability of your property. We strongly encourage direct and purposeful involvement in those organizations and entities that can influence our collective business.